What is a website migration?
In a website migration, a website undergoes substantial URL, structure, content, UX, design, or platform changes. It could be everything from updating the layout of your website to changing the URL structure, or moving your website to a new domain or content management system (CMS).
Moving to a better hosting provider. In this context, better could mean anything – for example, lower prices or faster loading times.
Pushing a local website to a live server.
Moving a site from a subdomain to the main directory.
If you fall into any of these categories, and have put off migrating your site because the process sounds complicated, we’re here to show what experts can do for you!
- Simply put, a website migration is the process of moving a website install from one server to another without affecting its functionality. There are several reasons why you would want to go ahead with this, such as
- including all your needs to update plugins and themes
- speed check and improve it (basic plan)
- solving cache problem to improve speed
- review all website status